Sligo Employment and Enterprise Initiative
Welcome to the new Employment and Enterprise portal within Sligo GAA.
County Board Chairman Cyril Feehily convened a committee to promote employment and enterprise within the Sligo GAA community. Due to the high number of GAA people who have become unemployed, or who are trying to get their careers started, it was felt that assistance and advice should be provided. Without doubt the high number of people who are emigrating is having an effect on our Clubs and Communities.
The County Sligo GAA Employment and Enterprise Initiative Committee is made up of Dermot Cunningham, Niall Murray, Andy Kearns, Tom Lavin and Cyril Feehily.
The objectives of this area of the website are as follows:
- Provide tips for candidates to improve their CVs
- Provision of information to enhance job search techniques
- Improve preparation for job interviews
- Give examples of questions you are likely to be asked in an interview
- Provide a list of useful contacts in the regions for job seekers
- Provide tips on how to maintain positive mental health
This is the first in a series of steps for the Employment and Enterprise Initiative
and we will be developing the enterprise element of the site in the coming months. We
also have other events planned for later this year.
We encourage all the GAA family to help others in the GAA community in whatever
way they can as follows:
- Support local businesses that support the GAA when doing business
- Consider GAA people when recruiting new employees
Click on the links on the menu to the left to browse the material provided and as
always your feedback is welcome to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for visiting the
Employment and Enterprise section of this site and if you have any ideas please
get in touch.